Thursday 24 September 2015

It's been a year


I woke up in a hostel room surrounded by people I didn't know; in a city I hadn't heard about until I had to apply for Erasmus; in a country I only thought I could visit when I was a little girl and I had read about it on a Barbie's magazine. 
The first days were a kind of routine: meeting tons of people which name took me two weeks to remember; walking around the city trying not to get lost; remembering how going to the supermarket was like (woda niegazowana!); spending hours to think what we should do that day, and finally doing it two days later; all the problems we had with our Learning Agreement, timetables, lessons, etc. And yes, of course, being able to go out almost everyday without missing any lesson at the University. 
I had no idea that Poznan would be a home for me during the best months of my life. I had no idea I was going to learn a bit of Polish and even enjoy it, however difficult it is. I knew travelling was great, but I didn't know it would be a fullfilling experience I want to join whenever I can. I had no idea that you can consider the people you've met a month ago your new family, a family that I missed as hell during Christmas and I am missing right now as well. And most of all, I had no idea how incredible and wonderful the Erasmus experience could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment